- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Congress: Conservation and Change
5. September 2022 - 9. September 2022
The IIC Council and New Zealand Conservators of Cultural Material: Pū Maanaki Kahurangi, are delighted that our 29th Congress, ‘Conservation and Change: Response, Adaptation and Leadership’ will take place online and in-person, 5 – 9 September 2022.
This year’s Congress will be a hybrid format – in a bid to be a more climate friendly, inclusive and accessible event.
Our provisional programme can now be viewed online here and includes:
- High quality talksfrom speakers around the world, with topics ranging from collaborating with the Sami community in northern Europe; developing local conservation practices in Indonesia; caring for rock art of Kakadu National Park, Australia; decolonising a museum collection in Britain; implementing climate mitigations across the planet.
- Regional Live Hub sessionsin Europe, Asia-Pacific + India, Africa, North America, South America and Caribbean.
- Poster Sessions and Virtual tours
- Online only networking and meeting opportunitiesfor attendees including IIC students, Fellows and the Regional Group members.
- The 2022 Forbes Prize Lecture from Vicki-Anne Heikell NZCM
Registration for in-person attendance
Our Congress live venue will be the National Library of New Zealand in Wellington.
– £150 (IIC Members)
– £250 (Non-members)
The venue has limited capacity for 150 people to attend in-person – registration is prioritized for IIC members until 1 July.
To secure your place to attend in-person you will need to enter the Access Code: IICCongress2022
Further details regarding what’s included with your registration, accommodation and terms & conditions for registration can be found here.
Regional Live Hubs and Online Participation
As a continuation from the last Congress, we will also be hosting 5 virtual Regional Hubs for Europe, India and South East Asia, Africa, North America and South America +Caribbean regional time zones. These online hubs offer the opportunity to view selected live streamed papers and posters, participate in an extended Q&A session, attend virtual tours and networking events, and take part in a special session showcasing our Keck Award shortlisted nominees.
Access to the Congress online is FREE for IIC members, if you haven’t renewed your membership already please do for 1 July so we can reserve your place online. You can login to your account on the IIC website here.