- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Digital Talk: Risk for Digital Heritage
7. Juni 2021 @ 16:00 - 17:00
In 2012, hurricane Sandy caused multiple fatalities and more than 6 million homes and businesses experienced prolonged power outages, resulting in billions of dollars of losses in the form of digital assets.
Equally alarming is that 60% of small- and medium-sized businesses experienced a loss or theft of sensitive data in the last 12 months, and the cost of IT downtime was $700 billion in 2015. Disasters such as these result in significant losses of digital assets, which also includes digital heritage.
As part of ICCROM’s new ‘Sustaining Digital Heritage’ initiative, this webinar will promote a better understanding of disaster risk for digital heritage. Noted speakers from the fields of heritage risk reduction, archives, and digital asset management will share their experiences and expertise, and discuss how to prevent large-scale disruption and significant data loss.
Our aim is to build ground for a lively discussion by using interactive features such as live polls and a Q&A format.
Join us on Monday, 7 June 2021. Registration is mandatory and FREE.
Date: 7 June 2021
Time: 16.00-17.15 (Rome, Italy)
- Aparna Tandon, Senior Programme Leader, ICCROM
- Maria Guercio, President of SOS Archivi TSC
- Herwig Bogaert, Senior Systems Engineer, meemoo, Flemish Institute for Archives
- Brecht Declercq, Digitisation Manager at meemoo, Flemish Institute for Archives, President of FIAT/IFTA
- Kelly Hazejager, Sustaining Digital Heritage programme intern
- Kara Van Malssen, Managing Director of Consulting, AVP, USA
Register in advance: https://iccrom- org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_L5rxlaCqROyrFgSRuW5BfA
Live stream on YouTube: https://youtu.be/tXkK_kciD50